This website is a proposed design and rewrite for Robbinsdale, Minnesota.
You may want to visit the official website.

Robbinsdale City Hall

Robbinsdale City Hall

4100 Lakeview Avenue North
Robbinsdale, MN 55422

Andrew Bonney Robbins, founder of Robbinsdale, Minnesota

Andy sez, You’re gonna love Robbinsdale

Andrew Bonney Robbins signature

Licensing and permits

Deputy Registrar

Driver's License and State ID Cards

We can process replacement drivers licensse or state ID card requests if you moved or lost your license or state ID card. We cannot process those which require vision tests or state ID photo such as for renewals due to expiration.

Use the Drop Box outside City Hall to drop off your vehicle license renewals and we’ll get it ready for pick up the next day or we can mail it to you. Write your phone number on the envelope in case we have questions.

Deputy Registrar

Motor Vehicles:

Bring identification, drivers license or state ID, so we can verify ownership.


License plates

  • Plates we have on hand:
    • Standard
    • Critical Habitat
    • Support Our Troops
  • Specialty plates orders:
    • Firefighter
    • Collegiate
    • Collector
    • Handicapped
    • Vanity

Visor hangers for temporary disability parking—Bring your doctor’s certificate.

Hunting and Fishing Licenses

  • Standard hunting and fishing licenses
  • Cross Country Ski passes
  • Dark House
  • Stamps for pheasant, trout, waterfowl

We can sell some licenses to non-residents.

Deputy Registrar


including photo services.

Fee paid by personal check or postal money order. Apply in Person. Application for a U.S. passport cannot be made online.

First-Time Passport

  • Proof of Citizenship*
  • Proof of Identity*
  • Recent photo or get one here for $15

Minors: two parents, both with valid Minnesota driver's licenses, must accompany the minor throughout the application process. Some exceptions can be made for divorced parents. Additional steps are required if a parent does not have a Minnesota drivers license.


Passport Renewal

Renewal should be made by mail if your passport meets all conditions:

  • undamaged and can be submitted with your application
  • issued when you were age 16 or older
  • issued within the last 15 years
  • issued in the exact same name as your previous passport;
    or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change under federal or state law

Visit the U.S. Department of State for special procedures and requirements or call 1-877-487-2778.

Deputy Registrar